Sunday 11 October 2015

Bird's Eye View

This week has been a week of illness on the ship. According to the overhead announcement made on Friday over 10% of the crew are down with some sort of gastrointestinal issue (Ew. Where is the hand sanitizer?). Thankfully that hasn't hit me. I just got a regular old cold, and I am happy to deal with that. Apart from that, I finished my puzzle and now I am not sure what I am going to do with my spare time.



I suppose I could take part in one of the many organized activities that happen onboard. It is amazing to see the diversity of talents and interests that exist in such a small space. Last night was folk dancing, and I had a great view of the very cool formations that the group was making.




Tomorrow is Canadian thanksgiving and there will be a little celebration with the Canadians on board the ship. It is strange being away from home for celebrations like Thanksgiving. Just knowing my family will be in one place doing what they do every year, without me, was enough to make me homesick on Friday night. I think it is that and a few other things that are going on, that just happen to manifest itself as homesickness (or that is what I am blaming it on). 

Another wonderful tidbit (kind of like a timbit, oh sour cream glazed) is that today is the 35th wedding anniversary of my wonderful parents. 
Photo credit: http://jennaandtristan.com
That is a lot of years. They have been together more than they have been apart and I am proud of who they are as people, and parents. There I go being homesick again. That's it! No more sentimentality for today. 


1 comment:

  1. Your puzzle looks beautiful. Thanks for the mention in your blog and I am sorry that you are missing us because you were missed very much at the dinner on Sunday! I made my first Key Lime Pie and Gerry's dad said it was very good and he wants the recipe, so that's good! the Blue Jays won two straight in Texas and have forced a game five on Wednesday, so all in all it was a very good weekend. Everyone sends their good wishes and are looking forward to seeing you at Christmas, love you always and forever.

    ReplyDelete