Saturday 17 October 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

On Monday many of the Canadians on board came together for our own Thanksgiving celebration. We had dessert and tested our knowledge with some trivia. For example: Which province is the largest producer of cranberries? British Columbia. What is the name for a baby turkey? Most people thought I was kidding when I told them the answer was poult. It sounds kind of made up so I don't blame them.



Today I was sitting on deck 8 in my hammock (best investment) and noticed something. Last week I had looked up and seen that the Maltese maritime flag was looking a little tattered and I thought it was a shame and a little disrepectful. Well, when I looked up this afternoon, I saw a brand new flag flapping in the wind. Add that to my list of things that just "appear" on the ship.


If you look hard enough can you see the cross sitting on top of the mast? Many people who have been on board for ages only notice it when it is pointed out to them. A nice reminder of why the ship is here, even if people don't always see it. 

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know a baby turkey is a poult, the things you learn from your children!!

    ReplyDelete