Saturday 24 October 2015

Pickle Ball

Funny thing... this morning I was looking to see how the Blue Jays did on Friday and when I checked, the game was still going on! It was around 07:30 here so it made sense. I took a picture with my Jays hat on to show my support all the way from Madagascar and then when I refreshed the browser... it was done. Tough loss but a very exciting ride for them and the city of Toronto. I have no qualms about wearing my hat, even after the loss. Also, I am pretty sure that people in Madagascar don't care/ may be unaware of what the insignia represents.


Aside from that, I learned how to play pickle ball. A very strange name, but a fun game nonetheless. Apparently it is the fastest growing sport in America. I wonder when that claim was made and how long it held that title. It is played with a wiffle ball and paddles. The net is like a tennis net and the court is the same as badminton. What a combination! My serving was terrible but it was great fun. It didn't strike me until I was getting ready for bed but I was playing that game with people from six other countries: Australia, Kenya, Madagascar, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and the United States. We were rotating the four people on the court so everyone would get a chance to play, but I am awestruck. 8 people from 7 different countries; that is spectacular to me. Somedays I just can't imagine not being here. That is especially true when the sun shines all day, and I get to have so much fun because there are always people around to join in a game. I think the vitamin D did me some good today! I'd like to share the sun with people who don't have it.

Also, I was reading about Hurricane Patricia and am so grateful to hear that is has lost its power. It was suggested that since it was so strong it could have made landfall, crossed over to the gulf side, and picked up strength again. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment