Sunday 13 December 2015

Winter Wonderland


You might remember this post from last year about Winter Wonderland. This year I decided I want to sell something and have my own table. I stick with what I know, so cupcakes it was.

Due to the fact that I am little crazy I decided I needed to bake alone-ish. I say alone-ish because you are almost never alone on the ship. Like I said last week, that means I would need to do it late night or early morning. I did both. I went to the crew galley at 9:30pm and there were a bunch of people in there so I turned right around. I went back at 10:45ish and the same people were still there. I knew I had to get started because I was too amped up to go to sleep so I wouldn't be able to get up really early. I started at around 11:00pm and finished decorating and cleaning at 4:30am.  It was very nice and peaceful. The only downfall was the headache I woke up with on Saturday after sleeping for 5 hours, and I didn't get rid of it until today. Oh well. 

The actual event was quite fun. It was just challenging when people started selling out and packing up. It was mildly reminiscent of the circle incident. I felt like I was standing there, with a million cupcakes leftover and a piece of me was dying. Dramatic? Perhaps, but I take things personally, because I put my heart into everything I do. I think the issue was less about the product itself and more about the amount of other people who had a similar product. Also, my price point was a bit higher than the other options because everything was from scratch and there was lots of butter in the icing, which is expensive. Unfortunately, not everyone understands that. I did get some really positive feedback though, which was really nice to hear. 



 In other news, I will hopefully be leaving for home tomorrow; if Air Madagascar cooperates and I get my passport back today. It went to Tana to get a visa put in it, and it should be on the bus right now. Here's to hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment