Saturday 19 December 2015

I Made It

After a mild hiccough in my travel plans I managed to make it home 3 days after leaving the ship. The most traumatizing part of the whole experience was arriving home Wednesday night and realizing I hadn't showered since Sunday. It was bad.

I saw this sign in Amsterdam and had to take a picture because it was so relevant!
Then I saw this in the paper and was a little distraught at the fact that the sun goes down at 4:42. That just seems wrong. Thankfully I don't have to worry about security on Beach Rd. after dark. I went for a run at 6:30 last night. No worries at all.


Once I got home I started doing things right off the bat: I went with my mom and a couple of family friends to see Cinderella on stage that same night. I am sure I would have enjoyed it far more if I hadn't been so tired and my feet hadn't been so itchy that my whole body was having spasms (mosquito bites).

Then the next night I got to meet my niece! It seemed to odd to have a baby around and to see my sister as a mother, but that is the new reality of my family. 

I also met my brother's child:
Her name is Abbey and she is a cane corso. She is so energetic she was literally jumping on my parents' dog, and we was not impressed. He was very patient with her though and didn't get mad or anything. He just looked annoyed at her craziness (typical old man). 

It has been unseasonable warm, but last night the snow was falling as I ran. As long as I am dressed for it, I don't mind the cold at all; I am thrilled not to sweat everytime I step outside. 

That is all for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment