Friday 27 June 2014

Week 3 - How could it be!?

I don't believe the title really has ANYTHING at all to do with what I want to tell you but it rhymed so it seems right. This week was lots more classroom fun but we were focusing on the topic of personal and interpersonal development. For anyone who has done the DISC personality test I am a C/S. What does that mean? For starters, I don't like people, talking, ridiculous movies like Napoleon Dynamite, mosquito bites, conflict, chlorinated water, and criticism of my work. Wow! That is the best test ever! Of course the test didn't tell me all of those things but they are all true. The C stands for conscientiousness and the S is for steadiness. I am certainly more of a C than an S.



There are about 12 people in this photo who are either part of staff development at Mercy Ships or are staff that will be staying at the base to fulfill positions here. Everyone else is off to the ship! Apparently we are an unusually large group.

We are all part of a small group that meets once a week and this is mine: 
From left to right: Floor (Netherlands), Stacia (NC, USA), Erin (Our fearless group leader), Heather (USA), ME!, Hannah (CA, USA)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY CANADA DAY. Thank you for all of your support! I forgot to mention that in our support raising seminar they were stressing that we are raising support, NOT fundraising because it is so much more important to have a strong group of people helping you in more than a financial way. So thank you for all your prayers and love, you should know that I can feel it for real!

1 comment:

  1. hope your cookies turned out and you didn't let everyone eat the raw dough!

    ReplyDelete