Friday 20 June 2014

Week 2!


Week 2: What's up y'all?!
So it seems that this week was different from last week in many ways:

1. I cried much less!
Last week was literally dehydrating! This week I only shed some tears on Monday and then I just went dry. The rest of the week I was actually able to focus on what was being said instead of being so distracted with all the emotions floating around. 

2. I met Shaun T
For those of you who don't know him and don't have facebook, here is a picture:


He is a fitness instructor and has various programs. One of my roommates acquired the Hip Hop Abs series and so we started on Monday. We get a kick out of what he says and does during the workouts. For example, when the Pussycat Dolls comes on he yells "THIS IS MY JAM". Ya. It's quite comical. It is a short workout everyday but it is something and I have really lost my interest in running. Maybe I need to find a group to motivate me to run again. 

3. I am PUMPED to make cookies
We get to go to Walmart once a week, on Wednesdays. Last week I was so frugal and cheap because I didn't want to spend money I didn't have, and on things that weren't 100% necessary. Well, I realized that buying things that improve/maintain my mental health are 100% necessary or else I will lose my mind, be miserable, and start ruining this whole experience for everyone! So I bought all the ingredients to make chocolate chips cookies! Really, I am so excited that it borders on pathetic. I'm fine with it. 
As an aside... my cart was nice and heavy this week so I was able to ride it down the aisles which was SO fun. Ya, I know I need to get out more, but I can't. 

4. I got to go to Catholic Mass
One of the many wonderful staff members here at Mercy Ships offered to take myself and a few other to the church she and her husband (also the deacon) attend on Sunday. I got to make confession before mass (even though there were lots of people waiting the priest made sure everyone was heard even though it went past the time mass was supposed to start). The deacon was giving the homily and it was AWESOME! He spoke with such passion and eloquence that I was absolutely enthralled. Sometimes I find myself to be distracted during mass but I was very present in that moment. I walked out smiling and just feeling so much lighter. I love when that happens!

5. I played wiffle ball
Can you believe I have never played wiffle ball before? I am terrible at baseball and softball but this was SO fun and I could actually hit the ball! We played until the mosquitos started eating our ankles. 

I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!

My group will be on a silent retreat tomorrow so pray for us that we really use that time wisely and truely listen to what God is saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment