Friday 6 June 2014

Feeling the Love

Everything is good, so you can stop worrying (mom).
I'm in Texas! I already saw a cowboy with some horses and a donkey, and no the cowboy was not riding the donkey (that would have been comical).
When I was in Houston waiting for my connection I got to talking to a gentleman from here and he asked me what I was doing and how long I was here for. When I told him he just said poor girl and explained that I should have come in the winter because it is going to be mighty hot around here in the next little while! Oh well, I'll sweat out all the toxins!
I felt so compelled to write because from the moment I was picked up at the airport in Tyler I felt so welcome. Then when I walked into the dorm where I am staying I saw this...
For those of you who can't read the verse it says "I will instruct you and teach you in the way that you should go: I will guide you with my eye." Psalm 32:8
Nailed it! That is just perfect for my situation.
And if that wasn't enough, then I saw this...
How amazing is that? There is a mug and all kinds of treats. But really, how nice is that?
I am in a room with 3 other ladies, all from the States and the building we are in has 3 other rooms but not everyone is here yet. I suspect that will change later on tonight.
So there is nothing scheduled for today, just dinner and then tomorrow we dive in!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!!! What a perfect verse! I have a feeling God is about to "do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think" (see Ephesians 3:20-21) Thrilled for you!!! Enjoy Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe, enjoy the experience of life.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 is my favourite number, hope your weekend went well and your first work day was filled with new friends and 'guidance'. Love you and miss you. .

    ReplyDelete