Saturday 13 June 2015

Oops, I Did It Again!



We are back on the open ocean. Since everyone is all cooped up there are some activities planned to help people stay out of trouble (it doesn't always work).

Last night I helped organized a round of sock golf. Nick, one of our chaplains on board, was particularly excited about his outfit...


Clearly he had good reason to be excited, because that is just classy. 

The past few days have been a bit gloomy but today is just gorgeous. The sunshine was just what I needed for my Saturday after I realized I hadn't been outside for a couple of days (oops). So after the fire drill I got myself out to the bow and saw this...




The immensity of it all got me thinking (which often gets me into trouble). I was thinking about a mistake I made today. It was more a moment of curiosity killed the cat. There was just something I really wanted to know. To be clear, there was no NEED for me to know but I was being stubborn and I HAD TO KNOW! Well... once I knew I didn't want to know anymore. I can't make amends and I can't take it back so now I really have to live with it... Forever.
I make a ton of mistakes everyday; bad choices, poor decisions, unintentionally hurting someone, forgetting to do something, completing a task inadequately, saying things that are awful, offending people, thinking the wrong way, showing up late, and the list goes on. So how is it that sometimes I can just pick up and move on after I make a blunder and other times I can't move past it? I genuinely don't know, so if you have an explanation I would love to hear it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Written from somewhere on the Indian Ocean

1 comment:

  1. You need to forgive yourself in order to move on. We mess up, no mistake about it, but if we learn from the mistake we are better for it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete