Saturday 7 March 2015

Rainy Days

It is 9 o'clock in the morning and I have already cleaned the bathroom and done my laundry. I figure that means I could potentially call it a day at this point. I was really hoping to get some sun but, alas, rainy season is in full swing and this is what it looks like outside:




Not so bad, especially since it isn't particularly cold outside. Even with the rain, life goes on: the patients are being taken care of on Deck 3, the fishermen are pulling in their catch on the beach, and the pousse pousse drivers are driving through the big puddles.

The ship has been moving quite a bit lately. When I went out to take pictures of the gloomy day I could hear the ship pressing the Yokohama fenders against the dock and yesterday I could hear the ropes straining to keep hold. If you have never seen one of these fenders up close, they are huge (way taller than me); I suppose it makes sense given that the ship is also huge. I was just used to the little bumpers that we use on the boat at home. Now, having seen some incredibly big ships, seeing a little 24 footer will never be the same. 

Enjoy your weekend! Now to figure out what to do with the rest of my day...


No comments:

Post a Comment