Sunday 6 September 2015

Ta Da!

As I was sitting at a lovely table located on deck 7 (which is kind of like sitting on a covered porch) I thought about how the tables got there. They just appeared after the sail. I didn't see anyone doing it but someone tirelessly pulled them out of their sailing storage space and set them out so many people could use them to enjoy a meal, sit, chat, read a book and many other things. So, what else just "appears around the ship".

1. A fully made bed. When a new crew member first gets here their bed is made and there are towels and a treat waiting for them.
2. Food. Everyday food just appears in the dining room, ready to be eaten. We aren't allowed to go in the galley so we know there are people up there cooking but we can't see it.
3. Mail and packages from the container. Last week I got some mail and was told I could just go by the post office and pick it up. How did it get there? How many hands contributed to delivering it, unpacking it and processing it?
4. Toilet paper in the public washrooms. Thank goodness that appears regularly because you can't yell down the hallway at anyone to bring you some.
5. Cold air from the ceiling. I gained a serious appreciation for this during the warmth of ship yard when we didn't have any A/C.
6. Fast internet. I don't know how it gets hooked up, or who presses what buttons but all of a sudden we can use Youtube and Skype without any issues.
7. Birthday parties. I am very lucky to have many people on the ship who care about me enough to want to help me celebrate my birthday with a big family dinner.

Thank you to all of the people that contribute to making things appear on the ship, you are appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment