Sunday 19 July 2015

Under the Sea

Today I got a tour of the depths of dry dock and I loved it so much I did it twice! Well, I actually had two sets of visitors today so I went with them, but I really did enjoy myself! It gives great perspective and it is amazing to see how huge the ship is from close up. My visitors were some staff (and family), and students from the place where I did my safety training. I am so glad I got to show them around so they can better understand what we do and how we do it. It is really hard to get it until you see it for yourself.







Apart from the dry dock tour I was able to show my visitors the bridge and the engine room thanks to several really wonderful and generous people who took the time out of their day to do so. I also got to see something I have never seen before: the view from the very top of the ship! 


Suffice it to say, I had a wonderful day. Last week I finished safety training and am so thankful that I got to do it. At the time, I was also glad it was over because I had gotten a cold and was not particularly keen to be studying, and working all the time. I am finally over my cold and am ready to battle in the office on Monday. 

Have a wonderful week!





No comments:

Post a Comment