Sunday 19 April 2015

Hidden Gems

This has been quite an interesting week. When I was trying to think of what to write about, I was concerned that there really wasn't any one exciting event. It took me some time, but then it hit me in the face... a bunch of really awesome things have happened.

1. My favourite sister got the best news EVER! Let's just be honest for a minute; I am going to be the best aunt ever and Chris is going to be the coolest uncle. I mean, seriously, this kid is all kinds of lucky. Oh, and the kid's parental unit is pretty good too. But Chris and I; the best.

2. At a time where I am really struggling with God and faith, I heard the perfect testimony to help me through it. People always say that God has perfect timing, but this was BANG on.

3. I got to help a great friend celebrate her birthday. Andrea is loved by many on the ship, and so I count it as a real privilege to have her put up with all my crying, and drama, when she has better things to do. She seemed to have a great day, and that is all you can hope for when your friend is celebrating their life.

4. Even when I am struggling with work, purpose, and not feeling at home, people remind me that I am loved, cared for, and appreciated. Although I often compare myself to the popularity of others, I know that shouldn't matter. I don't know everyone, and they don't know me, but I am happy to know some fantastic people!

5. Someone discovered that the Snickers' bars in the ship shop were fresh! They weren't melted, and they didn't taste like cardboard or soap. I was trying to decide whether I needed to keep this information to myself or spread the love. After I bought 4 in two days, I realized it was both the nice thing to do, and a way to save myself from eating the whole box. Soon after I shared the news, I heard it being yelled to everyone in the cafe. News travels fast.

6. Since I really like to eat, I need to workout (that, and I just really like to workout). Come to think of it, I am really in the mood to go for a run. I started doing Combat again. It was my favourite exercise class at home, and I recently got some DVDs. IT IS SO FUN! I especially like a move called street brawl (yes, I have some pent up aggression).



That's it for now. Since rainy season seems to have come to a conclusion, there is a lot more sun to go around. Run and sun; sounds like a good afternoon.

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was fabulous news and what about the great grandparents! on both sides!

    ReplyDelete