Saturday 7 November 2015

The Other Stuff

Since Giulietta was really the only thing that mattered I failed to tell you about all the other things that went on last week.

I finally got to give blood! I signed up last year as well but the lab never called me. Well, this year was different. I got pre-tested on Monday and then I got a call on Wednesday that they might need me but weren't sure. I had to leave my office to go to a staffing call so I let the lab know just in case they needed me. Five minutes later they came and found me. I was so happy to be able to give blood to a patient in need. I know Canadian Blood Services isn't going to want my blood for a long time so I had better contribute while I can. 

I also got to have my bi-annual dental hygiene appointment. My hygienist was a fellow Canadian! She was chatting to her assistant when she mentioned that her dad was a water diviner. I let it pass but when I had a chance to talk I asked her what it was. She was surprised I had never heard of one before. It is someone who can find water underground without digging for it. Apparently he had a gift, and because he knew as much, he never charged anyone for it. She also said they always had the most beautiful, clean water to drink. 

What else? Well I was washing my hands in the washroom and I looked out the window and saw this:


I guess they were working on the motor so they had the prop submerged in a big bucket of water. I am not sure why but I thought it was so funny, but I just couldn't get over it. That is why I went and got my phone to take a picture. You know what is not funny? That clear water! It is beautiful. 

That's about it. We had a long weekend on the the ship and we had a new On Boarding group arrive on Friday, complete with a new member of the HR department. That means that someone left to make space for him. I wasn't happy to see her leave but I am very happy she is getting to go home to see her friends, get her hair done, and eat chips and queso. Speaking of eating, while I was talking to my grandmother today she invited me over for lunch tomorrow since I had no other plans. I wish! If I left now I might be able to make it. Enjoy your Sunday (and what's left of your Saturday).

Check out this rainbow that I saw on Friday! I think there must be some gold in one of the shipping containers!



No comments:

Post a Comment