Sunday 31 May 2015

¡Adiós Amigos!

In the wake of a substantial amount of crew members coming to the end of their commitments, there have been lots of sad faces around. Really, these last two weeks have been a platform for 80+ crew departures. Among the tears, and goodbyes, I would say there are a whole lot of excited, thankful, and joyful faces around as well. I have often found that it is incredibly easy to find something that hurts, or doesn't make sense, and let it take hold of me and be at the centre of my life. Today I have too many things to be happy about to not let them own the day (and hopefully the week/month/year). I hope that you can see past the hardship, trials and tribulations, and know that there are lots of things that are going right in your life. This isn't because you're better off than someone else, but because you are where you are right now, being who you are, and living the best way you can, for you. I'd like to point out that I am often comparing myself to others; my successes, my failures, my burdens, my dreams, the way I look, the way I feel, and almost everything else. I am thankful for the following things without comparison to anyone else's circumstances, better or worse.

1. Unexpected notes that remind you that someone sees the good in you
2. People who bring you a wonderful sense of calm and peace just by being who they are
3. A long awaited software update for my computer (now my ipod and my laptop can understand each other - this is HUGE) and the fabulous people who brought it to me!
4. Welcoming back wonderful AFM alumni
5. New life and growing families
6. Dance parties on deck 7
7. Being told I dance like an African (by an African)
8. Discovering new music and listening to it all weekend on repeat
9. Farewell parties that are full of laughter, dancing, and incredible amounts of food
10. Space to search for what makes sense (or doesn't)
11. Possibilities for the future

A very good friend of mine started a 215 day count of gratitude and random acts of kindness as a part of one of her ministries. You can check it out here: http://www.liftedhandsministries.org/ or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/liftedhandsministries.



"Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." - Richard Bach

1 comment: