Sunday 15 February 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Even though Valentine's Day was not, by any means, marketed on the ship there were still plenty of reminders that we are well loved around here. I mean look at this Valentine I got, complete with a peanut butter chocolate (thank you LuWanna!):


This weekend was a long weekend for us on the ship, and that means lots of people took advantage of the extra day and went away. You know what that means... a quiet ship! A quiet ship translates into lots of things, but the best part is the large availability of laundry slots (yes, this is my life).

Also, the HR door was decorated for the occasion, complete with a glitter heart. One of my coworkers was the mastermind behind it and I have to commend her, because I think it looks great. I wish we could leave it up for a while longer.


Yesterday, I was walking back to the ship and I just thought that the sky looked so blue, the water looked just right, and I had to take a picture. I'm not doing it to torture those of you who are dealing with the freezing cold, but look at this:


Sometimes I am walking down the street, past the coconut vendors, the kids playing soccer (or football as many would say), with the pousse-pousse driver pedaling so hard to carry the three people who have fit themselves into the carriage, and I wonder how I got here, and how privileged I am to have this experience and expand my worldview. Perspective is an interesting animal. On one hand the more you know the better equipped you are to deal with certain situations and give well informed answers. On the other hand, the more you know the greater your burden can be at times. Where am I going with this? Not a clue, but maybe it will spark something in someone, somewhere. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. For those you celebrating family day in Ontario, you still have another day of weekend ahead of you! Lucky ducklings!

A little victory that happened this weekend: yesterday night I was sitting in mass praying that God would give me the gift of understanding when they made the announcement as to when mass would be offered on Ash Wednesday and guess what? Pray answered! As clear as day I heard the speaker say 18:15. French isn't so hard when you have divine intervention. That being said, are you going to do anything in this season of preparation? Maybe it is personal, spiritual, or maybe you have some stuff that needs cleaning in your home. I hope whatever it is, you will find the motivation to get it done and the satisfaction that comes with accomplishing what you set out to do.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful thoughts and picture! our loving thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete