Sunday 14 December 2014

What does home look like?

My week in pictures...

A very thoughtful member of the deck department knew that I was missing hockey and gifted me this "puck". Pretty close! This is the result of drilling a hole in a huge tire.

We made a friend. The Peace Boat, Ocean Dream has been keeping us company for the past few days. That means there is another boatload of vazas (foreigners) in town. 

Gingerbread House Contest

Let me tell you, this was not necessarily what I had anticipated it would be when my co-worker asked me if I would help by being a judge. Naturally my response was "I am very judgmental". Armed with that skill set I was perfect for the job! Finally all those years of being a perfectionist were going to come in handy. However, it was to be discovered that whoever signed up to coordinate was responsible for making the pieces to compose the houses. Well, I was also happy to do that as well. So April and I set to work on Saturday making enough walls and rooves for 11 houses. 6 hours, and a few near breakdown later we were done! Today we got to see the fruits of our labour being put to good use!

 

Transportation to the display table was a challenge for some.

Teams were required to bring their own base; this team used the shape of Madagascar!

Winner for most photogenic

Overall winner! It is a ship... seriously, people are awesome. 

Most likely to be lived in; complete with an outhouse, and well!
This was actually last week but I really wanted to share. I had an extra cupcake and my bunkmate was just getting up to work the nightshift (Bill Cosby says chocolate cake for breakfast is perfectly acceptable). I later found this note on my bed. Yes, people are actually this nice!

I hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. And I had but one penny in the world. Thou should’st have it to buy gingerbread. – William Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you remember us making gingerbread houses? More candies went in our mouths than on the houses!

    ReplyDelete